Sally’s Meatballs in Tomato Soup
Calories per serve: 198 (1 meatball with sauce)
Total meal calories: 266
(served on cauliflower rice)
Total meal calories: 316
(served with cauliflower rice & Heniz steam fresh veggies)
Recipe Challenge: Week 8 (total recipes 12)
- Combine mince, diced bacon, diced onion, egg, garlic and herbs
- Using a 1/3 cup to measure meat and roll into balls. Mixture should get 10 balls.
- Roll balls into plain flour.
- Place in casserole dish and cover with tomato soup and chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook in the microwave for 15mins on med-high
- Cook for 15mins on med/low
- Allow to stand for 15 mins
- Repeat 6 & 7, 4 times
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice
Due to there being bacon in the mix, the balls may not looked like they are cooked, due to the pink of the bacon, but rest assured that they will be.
It is lovely served on top of rice with a little bit of grated cheese on top of the rice on non-fast days.
My original recipe which is better for non fast days is done by adding ½ kg Beef Mince, ½ kg Pork Mince, ½ kg Chopped Bacon for the meat portion, I would add 2 eggs to this, and also bread crumbs.