How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Calories per serve: 68
Recipe Challenge: Week 2 / Recipe 2 (total recipes 4)
- Weigh cauliflower florets, 200g of raw florets makes approx 1 serve (1 cup)
- I use my thermomix and place the cauliflower in and chop on reverse for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Then place the chopped cauliflower into the steam basket with 500 g water and cook for 10-12 minutes, Varoma, speed 3.
- You can also just use a stove top steamer
- Another option is to fry it in a skillet with oil (I would use water to reduce the fat and it creates a steam)
- Cook for testing until it is as soft as you would like it. I like it a little bit crisp and with a bit of crunch. However if you like it more soft and fluffy, then just steam for a little longer.
Other suggestions for making cauliflower rice:
Use a food processor and pulse until it looks like rice
Use a hand grater on the larger size grates.
This is a very simple way to make the rice, and works well for when a recipe requires rice underneath and the recipe has a nice sauce to take up the flavour.
You can add more flavour to your rice by cooking with a bit of onion or garlic. Also nice to add some lime or some fresh herbs of your choice, depending on what you are going to be using the rice for. It is also lovely cooked in coconut or grapeseed oil.